CALA Independent Advisory Committee begins their work
23rd February 2022 by CALA
AGRA’s Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) is pleased to announce its inaugural Independent Advisory committee. The Independent Advisory Committee (IAC) is structured into the design of CALA, as a support function to provide high level strategic advice on the Centre’s offerings including the curriculum, coaching and other programme elements. This will enable CALA to better support sector leaders to deliver on top national priorities in African agriculture and nutrition security.
The committee champions CALA in relevant sector networks, and provides objective, constructive recommendations to ensure that CALA’s work is inclusive, forward-thinking and responsive to agriculture sector leaders’ implementation needs.
The Independent Advisory committee is comprised of well-respected sector experts who advocate for good leadership across different areas including centre of government delivery, science, research and policy, gender and financial inclusion, environmental sustainability, conservation and agroecology.
The committee members consist of:
- Alice Ruhweza, Africa Region Director, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
- Prof. Anthony Whitbread, Principal Scientist and team lead for Sustainable Intensification, International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Jonathan Said, Director of Sector Practices, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Professor Eric Y. Danquah, PhD (Cantab), Professor of Plant Genetics & Founding Director, West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) College of Basic and Applied Sciences, University of Ghana
- Dr. Jemimah Njuki, Director for Africa, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Prof. Richard M. Mkandawire, Africa Director, Alliance for African Partnership (AAP)
- Bongiwe Njobe, Executive Director (founder and sole proprietor) of ZA NAC Consulting and Investments
- Apollos Nwafor, PhD, Vice President, Policy and State Capability division, AGRA
To learn more about the Independent Advisory committee, visit https://cala.agra.org/cala-independent-advisory-committee/
Press Release: AGRA’s Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture Opens Application Window for Second Cohort of Advanced Leadership Programme
19th April 2022
AGRA has announced the opening of applications for the second cohort of the Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA)’s Advanced Leadership Programme.
Press Release: Agroecology gains central focus during second Leadership Forum by AGRA’s Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA)
24th February 2022
CALA hosted its second virtual leadership forum, a key component of CALA’s Advanced Leadership Program on February 16-17, 2022. The forum’s theme Collaborative Leadership for Environmental Sustainability and Agroecology in African Agriculture convened delegates, attendees and industry experts for two days of engaging sessions, conversations and networking.
AGRA’s Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture announces inaugural cohort members
The members of the Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) inaugural cohort for the Advanced Leadership programme have been announced. The cohort, which began the programme in late August 2021, consists of nearly 80 participants from 8 countries – Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.